Sage Solutions began in 1994 by helping families transition from crisis to stability. We learned when elders and their family open themselves to a new reality, stability and satisfaction happen and families find new ways to thrive and live in balance.
Experience has taught us that medical issues are often where focus is first needed. After that we simplify family dynamics, home safety, medication management, developing hopefulness and teaching about community resources. Many adult children are doing the best they can with limited time on their hands and a limited budget. Our services support adult children in navigating the complex world of eldercare, creating a win-win-win situation for the whole family.
Patricia Sanborn – Health Gerontologist, MS.MA.
I have a lifelong passion for helping people optimize their emotional and physical health and thrive from making good lifestyle choices.
I started working as a health planner, designing cost-effective health plans for the State of California, corporations and communities. After decades of helping companies improve their employee’s health, I thought I knew all about care giving.
I learned first hand how confusing, stressful, educational and rewarding caring for aging parents can be when my mother developed dementia.
While caring for my aging mother, I discovered how hard it is to make long-term care decisions under great pressure. I also saw how balancing complex family dynamics, conflicting priorities, confusing medical instructions, health plan restrictions, and lack of clear information hampered my decision-making ability.
This led me to start Sage Solutions. I wanted to spare families the worry, frustration and emotional burdens that result from trying to navigate our bureaucratic and fragmented medical system on behalf of themselves or their loved ones. I knew I could help them achieve better health outcomes and quality of life as well as restore family harmony and unity.
- Bachelor Degree, Physical Education, Fresno State University, 1976
- Master Degree, Health Science, San Jose State University, 1978
- Master Degree, Gerontology, San Francisco State University, 1999
- RCFE Administrator License, California Department of Social Services, 2005
- Trainer, MATTER OF BALANCE, Sonoma County Health Services, 2005
- Certificate Spirituality and Aging, 2011
- Certificate in Stages of Change, Pro-change Behavior Systems, 2013
- Certificate in Health Advocacy, UC Berkeley, 2014
- Wellness Inventory Certification, Well People, 2014
- Conscious Aging Training, Institute of Noetic Sciences, 2017
- Member, Aging Life Care Association
- Member, Western Region ALCA
- Member, National Care Planning Council
- Former president and member, Sonoma County Section on Aging
- Ambassador, Buck Institute